Saturday, July 24, 2004

I'm still dealing with the fact that he's gonna be gone. It's so hard on me to think not just that I won't be near him for at least 6-7 months (possibly more), I keep thinking that he's infantry... I don't know how things are going over there (Iraq & Afghanistan) All I know is that once in a while I hear about people dying. I hear about Marines dying. Not as much as in wars before, but is this even a war? I mean, like do we say we're in war? I don't think so. I feel so ignorant.
 
I've lived in this country my whole life, and all it's taught me is ignorance. I think that is what's wrong with America. We're so self involved that until something happens to us we never even think about everyone else out there. Yeah, I think about my family, my friends, people out on the streets that might need my help (because that is what I want my job to be *FireFighter*) I used to want to join the military. For many reasons:
1. I wanted my Father to be Proud of me
2. I wanted to do something for my country
3. I wanted to prove something...That I could make it.
I never (before 9/11) thought that there were people in the world that hated Americans, I thought that was a thing of the past. My Ignorance. And when shit started going down, I thought of how bad I felt for those people who were losing a part of their family to go and fight this "war", this "war" that I never hear on the news about unless they are shipping more military over, bringing some military back, Some other country is pulling out, or someone has died. And for awhile I was fine with that being all I heard. But now...Now it involves someone I Love. Now it involves someone that I don't want to spend the rest of my life without. So now it involves me, and now I care. Go figure huh?



No comments: